The PS5 Error Code CE-105799-1 is a common error in the PlayStation 5 console. This error can be seen in both the digital and the Blu-ray versions of the console and the error can be pretty frustrating.
There are fixes for it though and today, we are going to be covering these fixes in this article. But before that, let us first see what the error is about and the exact reasons for it.
What is the PS5 Error Code CE-105799-1?
The PS5 error code CE-105799-1 is a network error where the PS5 cannot connect to the network or the PlayStation server. This causes various problems such as your games won’t download or if you own digital games, you can’t play them without the internet. So, it’s very important to solve this error.
What causes the PS5 Error Code CE-105799-1?
Well, there are quite a few causes of this error. Most of the reasons are given below:
- The internet isn’t working properly. There are problems on your end. Check the router and check with the ISP to see if there is any problem.
- The latest game has been released and this is causing the PlayStation store to crash.
- There are problems in the server end that can only be fixed by Sony.
- The servers in your area are overloaded.
Fixes for the PS5 Error Code CE-105799-1
Fix 1: Check for Server Errors
To check whether the PSN is undergoing maintenance, just visit the PSN status page. You can simply google the page. Once you have known the exact reason for the error, you can then begin to troubleshoot it.
Fix 2: Configure the Network Settings
The next step to fix the server error is to restart the PS5 console and then reconnect to the internet using a Wired Connection (if you are using the Wi-fi device). Wired connection with a good Ethernet Cable can fix connection issues most of the time. If you don’t have the option to use the ethernet cable, you can simply bring the PS5 closer to the router.
Fix 3: Reconfigure the router
You can reconfigure your router as follow:
- First, turn it off and wait 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, restart it.
- Now, update the firmware in your router (contact the ISP for it.
- If a firmware update is not possible, find a small hole in the backside of your router and insert a needle inside it and click on the hidden button for 30 seconds, this will hard reset the router.
Fix 4: Port Forwarding
It is possible to open different ports in a router. Try opening the following ports. You can contact your ISP for it.
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
- UDP: 3478, 3479,49152～65535.
Fix 5: DNS and Manual IP
You can enter manual IP in your PS5, just go to the network settings to do it. Similarly, changing the DNS server can also help you connect to a stable network. Simply go to the DNS settings and configure your network settings to connect to any public DNS that is free to use.
The PS5 network error is one of the most common errors that are there in the PS5 systems. The network errors are the easiest to fix mainly because they are related to the actual server most of the time.
Sometimes, the problem can be there at your end and in such a condition, you can always troubleshoot it. Just follow our guide and you will be more than able to fix the errors.