Discord is one of the best applications for the gaming community right now. It is a VoIP application i.e. Voice Over Internet Protocol app. You can use it to text, chat, and stream your voice.
There is a dedicated app for doing voice chats or sending text messages to all the members of your server. Discord helps to create a thriving community of gamers and it is a pretty great application overall.
On Microsoft Windows, Discord comes with a basic set of features including things such as auto-start. The auto-start feature of discord is turned on from the very start i.e. it is the default setting. This feature can be handy sometimes but for some people, this feature can be pretty annoying.
A lot of people want complete control over their systems and seeing a random application start without you opening it can be frustrating. This is why people want to turn this feature off.
Today, we are going to be showing you the exact procedure of doing just that. So, let us not waste any time and get into it.
stop discord from starting automatically?
There are two ways of stopping discord from starting automatically. You can do it from the app itself or you can do it from the task manager. Let us explore both methods.
1. Stop the app from Discord
Discord sets the auto-start feature ON by default. You can change this from inside the app itself. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Discord app and click on the User settings. You can find this setting to the right of your avatar icon. The gear icon in the settings panel.
- Select the windows settings from the left side. Now visit the System Startup Behavior tab and turn off the Open Discord panel from it and that is about it. Discord will not start automatically now.
2. Stop from Task Manager
Windows has a very annoying tendency of opening or running applications on startup. While this can be disabled with no problem, it is still very frustrating. You can simply go to the task manager and see all the apps scheduled to be run at startup. Disabling these apps is a piece of cake though. You can follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the Task Manager. You can right-click on the taskbar and then go to the Task Manager or you can hit the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Press all three keys at once and this will open the task manager.
- Inside the task manager go to the Startup tab and this will show you a list of apps that windows will auto-start every time you turn your computer on.
- Now find the Discord app from this list and single click on it.
- If you go and see the bottom right corner of your screen, you can see a disable button there. Just click that button and your Discord app will not bother you anymore.
Also Check: How to connect Discord for Chat
The way to turn the auto start feature is quite easy to follow and it doesn’t require much time too. Still, this feature is more of an annoying behavior of the app and we know, it is frustrating.
So, you can just follow the steps above and turn it off in no time. We hope we were able to provide the necessary help for you to stop discord from starting automatically.