Logitech is one of the most famous companies that make top-quality computer peripherals such as a keyboard, mice, and game controllers. It makes gaming-related products that can be used professionally.
There is a wide range of products and most of them work flawlessly. There are some issues with the Logitech keyboard, however. Every once in a while, a defective keyboard is shipped or because of some windows reason, the keyboard just stops working.
Today, we are going to be tackling these keyboard-related problems and see the kind of fixes that we can apply to solve them. So, without any further delay, let’s get cracking!
Fixes for the Logitech Keyboard not working issue
Fix 1: Basic Fixes
These are some of the basic fixes that you can try before going forward to other fixes. Some human errors can also cause the Logitech Keyboard to stop responding. Do try these fixes first:
- If you are using a wireless receiver, make sure your receiver is plugged in your computer in a correct manner.
- The batteries present in your wireless keyboard should be charged and in a working condition.
- USB connection devices should not be plugged into a USB root hub. Connect the USB keyboards directly to the computer.
- Make sure there is no interference of Radio Frequencies.
Fix 2: Try the keyboard in another computer
The first actual fix to the problem is to check if your keyboard is working on another computer or a laptop. If the keyboard works perfectly on another computer, the fault lies in your computer and it has probably something to do with the ports or the software on your Windows machine. If the keyboard doesn’t work on another computer, this means that the problem is with your Keyboard itself and you probably need a replacement.
Fix 3: Remove the Logitech software
Most Logitech devices come with a Logitech Software suite to bridge a gap between the software and the hardware. It lets you bind your keys, update the firmware, control the RGB and even update the firmware for your wireless keyboard. These features are pretty good to be honest they can cause your Logitech keyboard to not work properly. To remove the Logitech software, you can follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows + R to open the run dialogue box and type in ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter.
- You will now see a windows with installed software on your computer. Just right click on the Logitech software and then select the ‘uninstall’ button.
- When you have uninstalled the software, simply restart your computer and then remove the keyboard from the computer.
- After your computer is turned back on, plug the keyboard back again and reinstall the software. This should fix the problem.
Fix 4 : Disable or Uninstall Antivirus software
It doesn’t matter if you are using third party or first party anti-virus software. You need to disable all of the. A lot of antivirus conflict can cause the conflict where the Logitech software becomes useless and then the hardware will not work. Disabling an Antivirus program is pretty easy to be honest.
You can do it no time. Just open any of your antivirus programs and turn off the real time protection. When you are done disabling the Antivirus program, restart your computer and you should be okay. If the fix did not work then you can always uninstall any third party antivirus program and try again.
Fix 5: Restart the HID Human Interface Service
HID enables you to give generic input access to Human Interface Device. This HID service will activate and maintain a predefined set of keys on your Keyboard, Mouse and controllers. The software is able to manage anything with a human input. You can use custom settings with this HID service. You can always restart the HID service from the service management configuration in Windows and fix any device. Just follow the steps below:
- First of all open the run dialog box with the Windows + R and type ‘services.msc’ and hit enter.
- When you are in the service menu, you can see a list. Just go through that list until you find “Human Interface Device Access.” Right click on t and select the properties.
- Now make sure that the startup of this service is set to Automatic and the service is running. You can always re-plug your device and restart the service to see if this does the trick.
Fix 6: Update your Keyboard Drivers
We can now reinstall the drivers for the Keyboard by first uninstalling them from device managers and then restarting your computer. When you restart your computer, the computer will automatically detect the hardware and reinstall the drivers. This trick may solve the keyboard issue with Logitech Keyboards. Just follow the steps below to reinstall the drivers:
- Click on Windows + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and then hit enter
- Now expand the category of Keyboard and right click to uninstall the device.
- Windows ill now ask you confirm the actions and you can click on Uninstall to proceed.
- Restart your computer now and plug in your device. Windows will automatically detect the hardware connected and will reinstall the required drivers.
- If this doesn’t work, then you can always right click on the Keyboard tab inside the device manager and then update the driver. Follow the on screen instructions and the driver will be installed automatically. Once the driver is installed, the keyboard will start working like normal.
Reasons for the Logitech Keyboard not working issue
The main reasons why your Logitech Keyboard is not working can be boiled down to mainly four reasons. They are:
- A faulty keyboard driver is stopping your keyboard’s functionality.
- The keyboard itself is a damaged unit.
- Anti-virus programs are stopping the Keyboard from working.
- A recent windows update has made the keyboard not recognizable.
Logitech is a very good company with impressive quality products. The company makes some of the best Keyboards and Mouse for PC but there are a few problems with them.
The Keyboard not working issue is one of the most common errors in Logitech keyboards but they can be fixed quite easily. Just follow the instructions given in this article an we are pretty sure that you can solve the problem yourself.