If you are a user of Windows 10 and you keep seeing the error that says your audio service is not running, you have landed in the right place. And let us tell you, you are not the only one who’s facing this problem.
Actually, this problem is one of the most common problems that you can face when you are in the Windows 10 system. Today, we will help you tackle this The Audio Service is Not Running problem and solve it once and for all.
What causes the problem?
Well, the audio service not running error can occur because of the driver and other software dependencies. What we mean is, the audio service on a Windows computer is dependent on various factors and the error is commonly caused by one such error. From mistaken settings to bad drivers, there are a lot of reasons for this error. The fixes are pretty easy as well. Most of the time a simple switch of a button can do the trick. Let us the kind of fixes you can use for this error.
How to fix the “The Audio Service is Not Running” error?
Change the Service Settings
This is the cleanest fix to the problem. Just changing a handful of settings in the menu can help you fix this issue. Let us see what you can change in the settings menu:
- For changing the Audio Service settings, go to the start menu and search for “Run” and open the Run app.
- Inside the Run Text Box type ‘services.msc’ and hit enter to open the service window.
- Click on the Windows Audio option and then click restart. This will restart the audio service.
- Now right click on the windows audio and go to properties. Set the startup option to Automatic. Click Apply and then Ok.
- Do a similar thing for the other two Services: Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Multimedia class schedular.
- Now, try to play the music. It should work. But if it doesn’t work, follow our next fix.
Update the Audio Driver
The problem can also be the reason for an outdated or just some incorrect audio driver. This can also be fixed pretty easily. You can install the drivers manually or use an automatic driver installer. We recommend software such as Driver Easy for doing it.
This software will automatically recognize your system and then install the correct drivers. You don’t need to do anything.
Just hold tight and let the driver easy software do the job. You can also update the drivers quite easily with Driver Easy and you won’t have to worry about making any mistakes while installing the audio driver. Just download and install this software for free and scan your Device by pressing on the scan now button.
After this, you will be shown the driver and you just need to hit update and the driver will be installed. It’s that easy. But if you want to install the driver manually with windows, you can do that too. Just follow the instructions below:
- Right-click on the start menu and go to device manager
- Inside the device manager search for the audio device
- Expand on the ‘Sound, audio and controller’ tab and right-click on the Audio Device option. Go to properties and then hit update.
- Windows will now scan the update on the web and if there is a new update available, windows will proceed to update your driver. You need to wait for a while for the windows to install the update and there you go. That’s about it.
- If updating the driver fails, You can disable the device and then re-enable it. This trick always works.
unupdated drivers can cause many problems in audio as well in graphics like GeForce Experience not working so it is important to check drivers on weekly basis.
Audio problems are not really new on windows. They have been quite the norm with every new iteration of windows and it doesn’t seem to go away in Windows 10 as well. The way to fix it remains pretty much the same as well. You just need to update the drivers and there you are.
There is another fix as well, you can try inputting a different set of speakers or earphones to check if the problem is with your hard disk. Anyway, the Audio error is pretty much fixable if you just follow these instructions line by line. If all else fails, you can always try to reinstall windows. This will fix all the issues and if you’ve been using Windows for a long time, you know that, right?