Destiny 2 is one of the most commonly known first-person shooter games. The game is made by the studio called Bungie and it is available for download on Windows, PS4, and Xbox game consoles.
The game has a story mode and a versus mode with either Player Vs Environment option or Player vs Player one.
The game is optimized nicely for all the systems but it can be a bit underperforming at times. The game can definitely have slight hiccups and crashes every once in a while but it is pretty okay.
The game will definitely run nicely when your internal settings are good enough and if you own decent hardware.
Reason for the Destiny 2 crash
There are mainly three reasons for the destiny 2 crash:
- Your system doesn’t meet the minimum requirements so, the game is crashing because of this.
- Your Antivirus program is preventing the game from accessing important files and this causing a major issue.
- Your game files aren’t updated and the graphics drivers you are using is not being supported.
The first thing you need to do before running this game is to take a look at the minimum and recommended system requirements to know what you are getting yourself into. Make sure you have the following requirements before actually going into the game:
Minimum System Requirements
- CPU: Intel – Core i3-3250 / AMD – FX-4350
- RAM: 6 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit / Windows 8.1 64-bit /Windows 10 64-bit
- Graphics card: Nvidia – GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD – Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- Hard disk Space: 68 GB
- Graphics Card Memory: 2048 MB
Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: Intel – Core i5-2400 / AMD – Ryzen R5 1600X
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB /GTX 1060 6GB or AMD – Radeon R9 390 8GB
- Hard disk Space: 68 GB
- Graphics Card Memory: 4 GB (AMD 8 GB)
Fixes for the Destiny 2 Crash
Fix 1: Run the game with administrator access
The first fix for the destiny 2 crash is to run the game with administrator access. When you run the game with admin access, the game will be able to run more freely and use resources as it wants. This will help you out. So, to fix the game, you can use the following fix:
- Just visit the Battle.net directory installed on your computer and right-click on it. Now, select the properties tab, Battle.net launcher, and then the Battle.net option.
- In the properties, select the compatibility tab and check the option to run the program as an administrator.
- Now, you can go to the Destiny 2 folder and perform the same thing.
- Save all your changes and then exit the game. You can now restart the game and enjoy it without any crashes.
Fix 2: Run Destiny 2 with priority
The main issue that you can face with Destiny 2 is that the game is not run with all the priority settings. For changing the priority, follow the steps below:
- Minimize the game when it is still running.
- Now right-click on the taskbar and open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Details tab and locate the Battle.net app in the details and also search for Destiny’s entry.
- When you have found all the entries, simply right click on each entry and change the priority to high. You need to change the priority of every entry to high.
- Now you can close your game and start playing.
Fix 3: Disable Antivirus Software
Antivirus software can misjudge a game as a virus and block it from accessing some important files on your system. To stop Antivirus software from doing this, you can simply turn off the Antivirus program. Just go to your Windows Defender landing page and turn off the virus programs from there to fix the Antivirus software issue and run the Destiny game with superb speed.
Fix 4: Disable overclocking
Some of the time, overclocking your computer can also cause slight problems in the games. Games can crash and slow down when you exceed a certain overclocking threshold. So, you shouldn’t overclock your graphics card. In your try for getting the best frame rates, you might end up crashing the whole system. There are also constant heating issues and an overall bad result for your computer when you overclock your system.
Fix 5: Update the graphics drivers
The final fix to the Destiny 2 crash would be to update your graphics driver. You can definitely update the drivers with ease. Follow the steps below to update the graphics driver:
- Right-click on the start menu in your Windows and go to the Device Manager.
- Now, search for the display adapter option and expand it.
- Inside this, you can see the different adapters, just select your graphics card and right-click on it.
- Now, you can click on the update device button. Follow the instructions on the screen and you can easily update your graphics drivers to the original ones.
- Alternatively, you can visit the official website of the manufacturer of your graphics, and download the driver from there and install it like any game.
The fixes given above will definitely help you resolve any crashing issues with the Destiny 2 game.
The game is awesome to play and it will provide you countless hours of fun. Just make sure that your systems are up to date with the required hardware when you are playing the game and you should be okay.
Also, always play your games on Windows after you disable the antivirus. Most of the time the antivirus software is the real problem behind the frequent crashes.