For those of you who are fans of role-playing games, there is a debate that has been raging for years. Which game do you prefer: Genshin Impact or Honkai Impact? The two games have their own strengths and weaknesses, but it can be difficult to decide which one you like better.
In this article, we will take a look at the pros and cons for both Honkai Impact and Genshin Impact so that we can come to an ultimate decision on who wins in this battle!
Check out 5 Reasons You Should Play Genshin Impact
A quick comparison between Genesis Impact and Honkai Impact on the basis of important aspects of games like the story, graphics, and customization.
The first thing that you will notice about Genshin Impact is the story. It’s a really interesting and well-written storyline with plenty of twists to keep you interested in what happens next. Honkai Impact has some decent story, but it can eventually get boring when all you’re doing is clearing levels after level of enemies.
- In Genshin Impact, you are in the shoes of a high school student who has to protect their city from an alien invasion. The game is set in rural Japan and there are a plethora of weapons that can be used to defeat your foes.
- Honkai Impact takes place somewhere on Earth 200 years into our future wherein the planet has been invaded by aliens. You are in charge of a space defense system that is on its last legs trying to stop the alien onslaught.
One of the major advantages that Genshin Impact has over Honkai Impact is customization options for your character and weapons. The downside to this is you can’t edit other aspects of the game such as maps, enemies, or even stories without using mods.
Honkai Impact has fewer customization options than Genshin Impact does, but it is still decent enough to keep players interested in what they’re doing with their character. The downside to Honkai Impact is you can’t customize your weapons. You also have a limit on what you’re able to do in the game, like explore and create new maps which don’t seem that bad but it would be nice if they had more customization options for this type of RPG/Simulation game.
Honkai Impact has many more customizing options for your character that range from body type to abilities.
Both games offer players free online multiplayer modes and offline single-player story modes as well as other game types such as survival mode or campaign missions. Honkai Impact also offers a multiplayer mode that allows players to team up together and take on the game’s bosses while Genshin Impact does not offer this feature.
Genshin Impact offers more e visual and situational variety, whereas Honkai Impact provides more gameplay options. Genshin Impact has a heavier focus on storytelling with characters that are actually well designed to resemble high school students; while in contrast, the game’s design for its enemies is not as stellar as they all look like little green men or robots.
Honkai Impact also offers a better replay value, as players are offered the opportunity to level up their characters and collect various weapons which can be used in different combinations.
Pros of Honkai Impact
- There is an online multiplayer option available for people who enjoy playing with others, as well as more customization options for the player’s character.
- It takes up less space than Genshin Impact.
- Honkai Impact offers a replay value that other games do not have with its leveling system, weapons, and various combinations to use them in battle.
- The graphic art style of Honkai Impact is more detailed, crisp, and vibrant.
Pros of Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact’s graphic art style is more abstract than Honkai Impact which some people may prefer to look at, and it does not have as many animations or effects that take away from gameplay.
- There are a larger variety of weapons in Genshin Impact for players to choose from, and it also has a wider range of customization options.
Genshin Impact Vs Honkai Impact: Which Game Is Better?
Both of this game has their own characters, showcase, missions, and storyline but they have their own pros and cons. Genshin Impact’s graphic art style is more abstract than Honkai Impact which some people may prefer to.
Genshin Impact’s main weapon is a katana sword while Honkai Impact players use guns. Genshin Impact has two characters to choose from at the beginning of the game, which are Yukimura and Momiji whereas Honkai Impact only has one character available for selection at first when you start playing. The story starts out with the character being chosen and not with a choice.
Honkai Impact has more weapons to choose from such as guns, swords, etc whereas Genshin Impact only has one weapon available at first which is the katana sword for Momiji. Honkai Impact also has higher skills than Genshin Impact’s skill tree because they have better gun upgrades and weapon upgrades.
Genshin Impact has some strong features such as realistic visuals and character movement while Honkai Impact lacks in this area. Genshin Impact also has a better storyline with more twists than Honka Impact does which may be why it is called the “darker” game, but that doesn’t make it worse!